The moment a head-on crash happens, you will have to hire a North Tonawanda head-on collision lawyer. You and any other victim who’s been hurt are eligible for compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and health care expenditures, among others. A reckless driver will need to cover their poor driving.
Let the best New York personal injury attorneys work on your situation and bring you the reparation you have earned.
Speak to our team of North Tonawanda Car Accident Lawyers and you will instantly have a higher chance of obtaining a successful claim. We work hard with our customers and are tireless in our resolve.
Table of Contents
Why Do Head-On Collisions Occur?
New York streets, particularly in North Tonawanda can get congested during peak hours. As such, there’s a higher chance of a car accident such as a head-on collision if drivers aren’t attentive. Head-on collisions are infrequent due to the fact that the majority of drivers are actively trying to avoid such accidents.
Lawmakers and the Department of Transportation in each state, including New York, pass laws and attempt to ensure that roads and highways are all designed in a manner that reduces dangerous conditions which are more likely to lead to an automobile collision.
Thankfully, as a result of the efforts of the Department of Transportation and lawmakers, deaths are reduced especially after implementing the SHSP (Strategic Highway Safety Plan). The entire number of roadway deaths was 1,121 in 2015.
That is significantly lower compared to more than 1,400 fatalities annually on average before the SHSP process began a decade ago. There are instances once the motorist is slow to respond because they’ve been drinking alcohol or is under the effect of drugs.
He or she may be confused or might not even know there’s been an auto collision. Other motives include driving without a permit, distracted driving, and if they’re in a rush to get to their destination.
What Should You Do If You Are Involved In a Head-On Collision?
After being involved in a head-on collision, you will be quite disoriented as your mind tries to catch up with what exactly happened. Listed below are measures that you ought to take in case you ever End up in a head-on collision in North Tonawanda or anywhere else:
- Assess: make certain to take a minute to assess when you have suffered any injuries to your body prior to proceeding if possible. If you have been severely injured, the last thing you would want to do is to make any injury worse by reacting rather than celebrating your own circumstance.
- Check: Next, check on any of the passengers in your vehicle if you have some. Additionally, check on the passengers and driver of the other vehicle and evaluate their injuries, if any. In case you or anyone else involved is injured, make sure you call 911 as quickly as possible. This will ensure the quickest response by emergency workers to the accident site. It’s necessary not to engage in any discussions in regards to this accident and don’t apologize. This can be perceived as you carrying fault for your accident when it may not be.
- Move To Security: If you can accomplish this, move your vehicle away from the road to allow for other cars to pass by. This allows the police and other first responders to reach the crash site as promptly as possible. This also cuts the chance of another accident happening in the exact same location. Ensure you and your passengers are in a safe place away from any moving vehicles or some flames if present. Transferring to a safe place ensures that the safety of others and yourself.
- Telephone 911: Immediately contact the police to report the crash. Authorities will have the ability to investigate the accident to learn its origin. While you’re waiting for the police to arrive, swap information with another driver. Make sure you do not speak about the wreck, why you think it may occur, or apologize. Simply concentrate on if everyone is right and exchanging identification information with another driver. Give the police as much information so possible, including the names of those included alongside vehicle and license plate information. Gather: Try to ensure you get the addresses and names of the men involved in the injury along with any witnesses.
- Telephone Insurance: Call your insurer to report the accident; even in the event that you don’t believe it’s the fault.
- Contact Attorney: Whether you are hurt or not and if it is your fault or not, calling a head-on collision lawyer is your best option to ensure you are protected and paid. Call 911 and report that there has been an injury in the area. They’ll ask for details, like the address, the make, and model of the automobile, and if there’s anybody who is hurt. Talk with different witnesses so you can round out the advice to contribute to the police later.
Call a North Tonawanda head-on collision lawyer today to explore your options.
What Damages Can Victims Get Out Of a Head-On Accident Claim at New York?
If anybody in the accident was hurt, if land was ruined, an animal is hurt or killed, or simply because you believe there are grounds to call to the police. It’s crucial to report injuries to the police. If the accident occurred in New York State, auto insurance policies include reimbursement for payments for medical expenses, lost wages, and other expenses, irrespective of fault.
No-Fault policies could cover:
- All necessary medical and rehabilitation costs.
- Lost earnings up to $ 2,000 per month for up to three years from the date of the crash. There’s a 20% reduction of real lost earnings.
- Up to $25 per day is available for a year following the accident for other reasonable and necessary expenses incurred because of the accident, such as the price of hiring a housekeeper to execute the household services generally done by the injured person.
- The death benefit of 2000.
Some coverages may contain additional advantages. It’s ideal to look carefully at your own policy and go over your benefits with your insurance provider directly.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim For a Head-on Accident at New York?
Statute of limitations determines the timeframe on when you’re able to apply for a lawsuit in the New York civil court system. Once this has passed you may not be able to proceed with the case without an approved exception.
During this time, you need to contact witnesses, collect evidence, and secure the necessary paperwork to present in the court. A police record can act as evidence that you’re a casualty of a head-on collision auto collision.
A North Tonawanda head-on collision attorney will turn out to be an invaluable ally in functioning within the statute of limitations. In Buffalo Car Accident Lawyers we can obtain the necessary proof to construct a strong case on your behalf.
Our winning manners may give you peace of mind knowing you’ll be receiving the benefits and compensation for the injuries you sustained.
Why Do I Need a North Tonawanda Head-On Collision Lawyer?
Victims of head-to-head wreck mishaps in North Tonawanda will need time to recuperate. You could have numerous medical appointments also suffer from mental and psychological distress. However, there’s paperwork to be done and evidence to be gathered should you wish to get a powerful claim.
Automobile accident cases and insurance claims are all significant and thus call for a professional New York lawyer. As a result of their years of experience, a North Tonawanda head-on collision lawyer will be able to speak in your behalf in court or with the insurer and receive the best outcomes.
Call a North Tonawanda Head-On Collision Lawyer Today!
A head-on crash scenario can go many different ways, however, the constant factor ought to be you and other sufferers getting reimbursement for lost work hours, pain and suffering, and medical expenses. Buffalo Car Accident Lawyers can cope with insurance companies and at-fault perpetrators and recover what’s rightfully yours.
Don’t hesitate to telephone a North Tonawanda head-on collision lawyer today. (716) 261-2614